Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Power Of Hidden Speak

Listen to "The Power Of Hidden Speak" on Spreaker. Because I'm a 26 year daily writer I'm well aware of how I walk into each new day before the sun rises. The discipline isn't always to make sure three pages are filled but rather to be in control of what I fill it with. I'm like everyone else. If you wake up grumpy that becomes the weight of the day. If I'm questioning or feel doubt my confidence and courage take a hit by a dull ache to not want to grow. On this podcast I put focus on two words. Beyond and What. When my writing self gets hooked up with words it won't let them go. I hit the dictionary. I study the origin. I try to use them in different areas of interest. Or I allow them to speak. To say anything. I call this Hidden Speak. Putting words out there that have nothing to do with what you're presently feeling and yet to shove them into a sheet of paper uses just as much energy. Hidden Speak! I know at the drop of a hat when someone is verbally using it on me. They just don't realize I have a name for the game. Learning how to use Hidden Speak as a tool allows your present mindset to know where it stands without having to blister your moment with why you're in a heated mood. Instead of cussing out loud in the car or office throw in any word. Monkey fur on a wet paved road! Mustard stains from a pickle jar! Nobody has to know how you feel or why you're fearing the arrival of another drama driven day at work. Peanut butter slices of pumpkin paper! Say it like you mean it. Write it like you've been given permission to cuss and cut down. So how does the writer react when he pages back four years and tries to figure out the lesson at hand? He laughs. It's as if the author of 2016 knew the dude down the road would need a break from the typical. Burnt hot dogs in a chicken bone! Wow that was a stress reliever. Hidden speak. As for what I wrote about Beyond and What? It wasn't good. For a man that battles everyday to be present and live in the now, words like beyond put me outside the walls of where the focus should be. Beyond doesn't make you a visionary. Beyond prepares you for a fast paced arrival of tomorrow. The word What? Count how many times you say it. What? People especially kids say the most odd ball things and your first reaction is What? Many times you really don't want to know the answer. You just had to fill the silence. What? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment