Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A New Age Of Aloneness

Listen to "A New Age Of Aloneness" on Spreaker. I'm not sure what vibe your picking up but I took note of an uncomfortable feeling while watching last nights eleven o'clock news. All the anchors were on separate cameras. Sitting together at the desk is what we did last week. A new age of aloneness has entered our walking space. Social Distancing has been enforced without gifting us with enough time to practice for it. I understand why so many cities are having difficult times trying to get everyday average people to pull themselves inside. They aren't! The mind body and soul require human contact and connection and the thought of sitting in my recording studio all day felt good before the Coronavirus but now that I have to do it. It's eating away at every reason why I create. To participate with. To belong. To build with or rip apart. A very good friend asked if I wanted to take a walk through the Green Way. I didn't let an invisible second slip by before I firmly replied, "Absolutely not." On this podcast we venture into my daily writing of November 2016. Right away I talk about the idea of moving through a past that's already happened. It's not living in the past but learning from the past. On this particular day I was reminded of a lesson taught by Steven Furtick about Looping. We are expected to return to different areas of our life because we'll see the situation through different eyes. Like the daily writing. What I was living in 2002 or 16 isn't how its received in 2020. The Loop makes it possible for you to finally get a grip on growing in newer directions or forgiving what you thought was a lot of weight. The experiences we are going through right now with Coronavirus will one day serve as an amazing tool. But you need to document the moment. You can't expect to come back to this ten years from now. You'll rewrite the story not live by way of the experience. This new aloneness. Let me say one thing. Aloneness isn't even a word. My Spell Check is screaming at me! This new age of aloneness is going to get worse. It's putting people in an invisible unrecognized depression that's going to end up being the food for your next vice. I'm praying for people who already have out of control addictions. Awareness of how your body is reacting is vital and you can't keep your silence to yourself. Don't try to hide the emotional evolution you're moving through now and will face in the days ahead. Nobody is talking about this. It's all about the economy and the virus. Mental illness is about to hit an all time high and it may require the rest of your life to heal from it. Don't keep your aloneness a secret. When you start feeling the impact of a depression or downward fall that puts you in a mindset of changing your pattern and path don't wait for your mood to change. Get help. Chelsea Lately has a podcast that is deeply dedicated to locating the strength to pull yourself through. There are on-line professionals that won't cost you an arm and leg during this global unemployment. You can't sit inside aloneness and expect to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment