Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Accepting Silence

Listen to "Accepting Silence" on Spreaker. I find incredible joy sitting in a room blessed with no sound. I hear music. What? In the center of a silenced room I find music. I can't explain it. I just know it's there and I tap into it by way of picking up a writing instrument and writing. On this podcast we talk about how a doves cooing from several blocks away locates a path to your moment of mindfulness. I meditate and pray in the presence of silence. What I don't do is use words in prayer. I arrive as a listener. My home sits in a forest so the natural elements that move through trees also moves through me. Taking note of their presence in the middle of my Now creates a stream of creative energy. On this particular day I read from the daily writing marked August 5, 2016. That's almost three years ago. It's totally impossible for me to understand where I truly was in thought. I only have handwritten words that look to be incredibly positive. Because I know who I am and how I write, that's not always what the passerby assumes. I call it Hidden Speak. No matter how negative you might be feeling as a creative person you always have the ability to use your emotions as a positive expression. We talk about how to grow on that path of choice without having to down twelve cups of coffee followed by a Kit Kat bar. There's incredible energy around us at all times. Blend in with it. Grow with it without carrying the weight of why your mental state feels a little bent and out of place. Nobody wants to get caught meditating or praying. Locate a private place of energy at work, home, in a park or in a mall. With your eyes wide open feel the atmosphere as it moves through you. Clearing the mind doesn't mean opening the heart. Protect the heart. There's enough bad mojo out here without you putting the poisons of society into places you can't easy shake. Mindfully be in the Now. You'll begin to recognize the importance and purpose of your deeper presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment