Thursday, November 21, 2019

Back Off Jesus Boy

Listen to "Back Off Jesus Boy" on Spreaker. This one's a tough one to write about. Because I'm a daily writer that uses his journals as future tools, I'm blessed with the opportunity to stay within my present place of "Now." Did I lose you? I spent some time yesterday with Dr. Mark Borg whose new book Don't Be A Dick puts a lot a focus on taking note of where you are while knowing where you came from. He loves the idea of journal writers going back into their paragraphs and turning it into lessons that keep yourself and others away from having to evolve around the same circle. On this podcast we go back three years to an area of writing where the spirit of the universe is quite present. It took me a long time to convince myself to make this the subject of today's episode. There's no quicker way to shove listeners away than to bring up God and politics. Then I reached the final page of what was put on paper that morning. The final paragraph moved right in my present place of "Now." After reading it I physically heard in my heart, "Do you really think I put those words on the tip of that writing nib for you to hold onto it? That's being selfish."

No comments:

Post a Comment